MA in Contemporary Dance Performing Arts – Pilot Program
Audition process has been opened for the season starting in September 2017.
Budapest Contemporary Dance Academy added this ’postgraduate creative company’ form to it’s successful Dancers’ BA and Teachers’ MA programs.
A technical class of each dancer’s personalized training program will initiate every day.
– learn repertory pieces,
– create their own pieces mentored by the school’s creative staff,
– create new pieces under the direction of experienced choreographers including former and actual members of major European companies as Rosas, Ultima Vez, Hodworks and more.
Trafó House of Contemporary Art, Mu Theatre, Festivals in Hungary and abroad present the program's performances and workshop demonstrations.
The members themselves, helped by the school’s partners, will organize additional performances.
Transdisciplinary practice, art theory and administrative classes complement the program.
Audition process will be based on the
– written and video materials sent to the school,
– pre-audition workshops organized worldwide and
– Final Audition in Budapest 12-15 June 2017.
Talented and prepared dancers, ready to start their professional carrier, who still need to obtain stage and creative routine before starting work in an established ensemble or starting creative work in their own company – will be enrolled.
Please note that all conditions are equal than the other BA and MA programs except the fact that any official diploma will not be emitted until the pilot program will not be transformed into an accredited MA program.
Read about it in Hungarian too.
Olvasson róla magyarul is.